Today, there are more flooring options than ever before. A visit to a flooring showroom can quickly become overwhelming. Trying to decide between carpet, tile, laminate, vinyl, or wood flooring can leave you scratching your head wondering which option is best.
Out of all the choices that are available, solid timber flooring is one of the most classic and timeless. It offers a number of benefits over other types of flooring including the following:
1. Quiet underfoot. Wood naturally absorbs sound and provides a soft, comfortable surface to walk on. Unlike laminate flooring, you don’t have to worry about the room having a hollow sound or being filled with echoes. Instead, when you install a timber floor, you get a quiet, comfortable space that feels warm and inviting.
2. Beautiful to look at. Natural wood has a richness and warmth that is lacking in other types of flooring. The beautiful colors of the wood and the textural patterns of the grain can create a stunning backdrop for all of your furniture and accessories. Timber floors also come in many different colors and value ranges, making it possible to completely customize the look of your home simply by choosing the right finish for your floor.
3. Long-lasting. One of the benefits of wood flooring is that it will last for years. Even if the surface of the flooring gets scuffed or marred, it can always be sanded down and refinished. This is in contrast to other types of flooring that have to be replaced when they wear out. Investing once in a high-quality timber floor can continue to pay off for many years to come.
4. Easy to clean. Compared to carpeting and other types of flooring, wood floors are relatively easy to clean. You can generally remove all of the dust and dirt that has accumulated on the surface of the floor simply by sweeping. An occasional mopping with a damp mop will also help keep your floors looking beautiful.
5. Improved indoor air quality. Hard flooring makes it much easier to control dust, dirt, pollen, pet dander, and other allergens inside your home. These common allergens can work their way down into the fibers of your carpeting, drastically decreasing your indoor air quality. When you switch to hard flooring instead, you can eliminate this problem, helping to maintain better air quality inside your home.
6. Increased home value. Home buyers are naturally drawn to homes that feature hardwood flooring. Having beautiful wood floors can make it easier to sell your home and can help increase the final sales price.
Timber flooring offers many benefits when compared to other types of flooring. Its natural beauty can add warmth and richness to your home, while its acoustic properties can help create a quiet space. By installing hard flooring in your home, you can also minimize your family’s exposure to allergens and other airborne particles. Finally, because wood flooring is so durable and long-lasting, it can add value to your home, making it easier to find a buyer when it eventually comes time to sell.
To read more about the benefits of timber flooring be sure to check out article here.